The fortress is located in an impressive and strategic place, an extensive compendium of styles that has witnessed sieges and revolutions, ambitions of kings and rulers of all times whose greatest desire was to possess this castle.
In our itinerary we immerse ourselves in the Middle Ages, we enter into the magic of the historical center and walk through its cobbled streets that often surprise us with the skill and expertise with which the master stonecutters built beautiful palaces with coats of arms; fountains full of life and health and temples deserving of the highest ecclesiastical dignities. Arriving at the Castle we analyze its strategic importance from the political, military, commercial and economic point of view, we delight ourselves in the fragrance of its endemic plants, the energy of its millenary walls, the freshness of the breeze on the heights and the idyllic landscape.
Places to visit:
- Alameda Jaime I, gateway to the walled city
- Moncada street and Trinity square
- Collegiate Church of St. Mary
- Corregería and Market Streets
- Almudín of wheat courtyard
An experience that brings you to know the ways of life, customs and traditions of a fascinating society and that keeps you captive until the end of the route.
Total distance: 2,000m. Elevation: 48m, max slope 33%. Min height 252, max 300m.
Tour partially suitable for people with reduced mobility. The access with baby carriages or wheelchairs is largely limited in this tour. It does not include:
- Transportation to the castle. There is a tourist train whose price is € 4.20 (optional)
- Entrance ticket to the castle, it costs € 1.20 in reduced rate and € 2.40 in general rate