The itinerary and contents of the excursions are designed by our teaching expert and adapted to the curricular level. The groups are always accompanied by qualified official guides, university experts with extensive knowledge of the territory, history, art, culture and traditions.
The program includes a small introduction about the city, its walled enclosure and the existence of water as an element of development. We visit the following points of interest and introduce the following contents:
- Castle: the strategic location of the castle of Xàtiva, function and characteristics
- Old town: Christian conquest and end of Arab domination. The conventual city. Nobility, bourgeoisie and guilds. The city and the privileges granted by the king of the Aragonese Crown Jaume I. Buildings of the Middle Ages, architectural styles: palaces, convents and fountains. The Collegiate Church of Saint Mary and the episcopal headquarters. The Old Hospital for the poor. The Borja family, a universal lineage
- Almudín Museum: settlements and ancient civilizations in the city: Neanderthals, Iberians and Romans. The city of the three cultures: Arabic, Christian and Jewish
- Museum of the Fine Arts: War of the Spanish Succession. Portrait of Philip V, a punished king
The tour does NOT INCLUDE:
- Tourist train ticket.
- Entrance ticket to the Castle.